Sunday 3 October 2010

First Blog Post!!!

Hello! Well, this is quite scary doing my very first blog post ever!! I've been meaning to do this for ages, but I've been so busy doing art I've had no time to write about doing it!!  I'm going to try to keep this up to date with what I've been up to, both arty and not... not that much of that goes on!!
Anyway, I finished my degree in technical arts and special effects in 2008 and since then i have worked as a carer, then in an outdoorsy shop, which sadly killed all my creativity and turned me into some kind of zombie; now i have gone back to after school care work for a disabled boy, which I really enjoy and it encourages me to have a break from drawing teenie tiny things and going cross eyed!!
I mostly enjoyed uni, but think it taught me more about what I didn't want to do than what I did, but for my final degree piece I wrote a little story about the creatures I had made, and since leaving I have (very very slowly) been tweaking and prodding it to try to turn it into some kind of childrens picture book. I have only really been making progress with this since I started my last job in May, but I think it's going well. Once I get home tomorrow (spent the day in Canterbury celebrating my sister's birthday and am crashing at my parents after too much food!!) I will photograph my progress and stick it up here for all the world to see!! Feedback would be really appreciated :D Now, here's the real test, I think that's the end of my first little ramble, let's see how long I can keep it up!!

2 comments:

amy said...

hello! i've added this to my favorites so i am technically following you, i just dont have an account with any of the things you need!
xxxx

laurathompsonart said...

yay!! it's all a little bit scary!! I just went to hobbycraft so hopefully there'll be lots of pretty things here soon to make it a bit less scary!!! xxx