Thursday 10 October 2013

Capturing tourists

It was a lovely sunny day on Sunday so I thought I'd make the most of the crowds of tourists around King's college, unfortunately though, they weren't very cooperative. I had hoped they would stand still and admire the architecture so I could draw them, but all they seemed to want to do is get a good photo, then now onto the next tourist spot. Very frustrating. I managed to get a few really quick sketches done, but I literally had only a few seconds to do each one, so they are not brilliant! I spoke to one of the tutors, Pam on Friday and she said I should try drawing with a single, confident line, rather than a series of sketchy lines until I got it right, so I tried to do that too.


I'm not sure what this guy was doing, he just sat, straddling the wall for a few minutes, so I thought I should draw him and his lovely hat!

The balcony in the museum of archaeology and anthropology is a good place to draw people because you can watch them without them realising... Creepy!!

No comments: